Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What is that?

I can't remember the date but we went to see the radiologist next.  We met with Dr. Howlington and his PA, Chris.  They are both great!  We loved them both.  Chris is awesome and talked about med school with Dusty and they got along great and cut up.  We were there to do a PET/CT scan to see if there were any metastasis and get a better look at the tumor.  Everybody was all smiles before the scan and after the scan everybody's demeanor changed.  This again?  Another unknown?  I'm so over this.  People knowing things we don't.  Dusty and the nurse started talking.  Dusty was rocking back and forth and he started getting nervous.  She asked if he was okay?  He said, "It is really hard to watch everyone joking and talking with me prior to a scan and afterwards everyone turn away from me and won't look me in the eyes."  She sat up quickly.  He said, "I know something must have shown up that you can't discuss with me."  She didn't say anything.  She just told us that we are strong and young and can fight.

They gave us a copy of the PET/CT scan on a CD for us to share with our doctor friend in San Antonio, TX, Dr. Thaggard.  Of course, I went home and immediately and threw the CD in my computer.  BAM!  There it was.  I saw it.  That little cylinder mass that has turned my world upside down.  I wanted to punch through the screen and rip it out myself.  I scrolled through each slide one by one and BAM again. What?  What is that?  This can't be.  The doctor didn't see this in the CT scan.  Could this possibly be another tumor?  There is was, another tumor in his lymph node.  It has spread.  Now, we are back to the unknowns.  Dusty and I kept saying, "We don't know what we're looking at.  We can't decide this.  It could be an organ or something else."  But in my mind I'm screaming!  I know this is another tumor.  They look exactly the same.  There is a section on the disc where you can put your cursor on the image and it shows another picture.  Both spots were "glowing".  They have to be the same thing.  Xanax!


No comments:

Post a Comment