Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What do you say to that?

Masters week was a blur so I can't put a day on it but one of the days during Masters week was the hardest day yet.  I took the boys to school before work.  I took Harland to his classroom first and then started to take Reynolds.  I noticed he started walking slowly and holding my hand tightly.  He wasn't acting right.  I asked what was wrong and her busted into tear.  "Oh no, what's wrong?"  He said, "I don't want to go in there?"  "Why?"  "Because they all know that my daddy is sick."  What do you say to that? My mind started racing and I had to choose my words carefully.  I quickly dropped to my knees and held him so tightly.  I didn't want him to see my face and hear the fear in my voice.  I took a quick breath and told him, "Daddy is going to be fine.  He is a little sick but he is strong.  Daddy is meeting with doctors and will be fine.  Just like when you get sick and have to go to the doctor's office daddy is the same."  He was shaking from crying and it broke my heart.  I think with the presence of people stopping by the house and Dusty and me crying frequently he put it together.  It was so hard to take him to school that day but I had to go to work.  Aaron picked him up early and hung out with him the rest of the day.  I love my neighbor Aaron Wells.  He is a great friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment