Saturday, April 14, 2012

I see it happening

This is a hard blog.  
Through this whole process, I've thought that I wouldn't notice anything drastic until we started our treatments.  This is not the case.  I can see Dusty's health deteriorating in front of me.  I watch him start to struggle with strength.  He struggles with food.  He wouldn't dare say anything to me but I don't need him to say a word.  My husband is sick.  The man that I look to for comfort and strength is weakening daily.  It is killing me.  His hands have always been my rock but now I find myself holding him up.  I can't wait to get this process started.  The quicker we start.  The quicker he heals.  I need him better.  Reynolds needs him better.  Harland needs him better.  I'm ready to start the fight.  He is scared as hell but is putting on a good front.  I've seen a switch in my life.  I'm no longer listening to country music, I find myself listening to my old workout playlist.  :)  I feel like I did in school, warming up before a basketball game.  I'm getting my mind in the mood to fight.  And I'm ready.  I hope I'm as strong as I'm building myself up in my mind because Dusty is going to need my strength.  I'm ready.  Let's do this!  I want him healed.  

Please continue to pray.  

3 comments:

  1. Stacey, thank you for sharing with us. I love how you compared this to pumping up before basketball. You guys can do this together. Go Team Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cheering you on. I love both of you and am keeping up and praying. Please call me 706 3613353..love and prayers aunt cynthia..ps glad you met Becky and her husband. You need to meet people like that..its a good thing..God Bless...All will be ok just have faith in God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, I am proud of you for staying so strong. ( I was in your hubby's Organic Chemistry class last fall.) I just wanted to let you know my family and I will definitely have Dustin and your beautiful family in our daily prayers. Safe travels and remember to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete