Monday, May 14, 2012

Great weekend!

DuSTy GrADuATeD!!!!!!

We had a great weekend!  Dusty's spirits were high and he felt okay.

Friday I spent the day with one of my besties, Elaine.  We ran errands and went to spinning.  I haven't gone spinning in months.  It felt so great to be back in the gym.  Friday night I ironed Reynolds, Dusty, and Mitchell's (Dusty's dad) clothes and got them ready for Saturday morning.  Harland spent the night with Mom so that I wasn't rushed in the morning and she could take him to Elaine's in the morning.

Saturday morning arose and Dusty was feeling okay.  I tried to get him pumped but he just shrugged it off.  He doesn't get excited anymore.  It is sad to see this in him but I can't imagine what he is going through.

Graduation started and Marianne and I started crying when they started walking out.  It was funny.  We laughed it off.  But, halfway through graduation I couldn't see Dusty.  I had binoculars and could not find him.  I started to worry.  Is he sick?  Where is he?  How am I going to get down to him?  Then, I got a text message, it was him!  He was leaning down texting me.  We joked back and forth and it was "Dusty being silly" again.  He still has his silly moments that I love so much.  Dusty proudly walked across the stage and we erupted.  It was SOOOO loud.  I'm proud of him and so thankful for the friends that came to support.  Towards the end of the ceremony Reynolds and I moved closer to try to get better pictures of Dusty.  Dusty had Reynolds hurry past the guard and down on the floor.  Dusty got to hold and carry Reynolds out of graduation.  It was great!  After graduation Dusty went home for a nap and I headed to mom's house to start getting ready for the graduation party.  It was fun.  Although, the main topic seems to always be cancer.  :(

AROUND 25 SECONDS DUSTY TURNS ONTO THE AISLE WITH REYNOLDS IN HIS ARMS.  REYNOLDS IS IN WHITE.

For Mother's Day I was too tired to celebrate.  I had been working so hard on planning graduation that once it came and went, I didn't want to celebrate Mother's Day.  We just hung around and watched a movie.  Dusty cooked me vegan chili and vegan cornbread.  It was yummy!

All in all, it was a great weekend!  We are glad that we do not have any chemo this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment