Monday, May 20, 2013

Scanxiety

Well, here we are!  The night before we get results.  Scanxiety is at its highest.  We are trying to stay busy and not think about what tomorrow holds but it is hard.  Dusty's legs are constantly shaking and he keeps taking sudden deep breaths.  I can tell he's nervous.  When I ask him what's wrong he just looks at me like, really?, but I don't know what else to say.  Just trying to fill the silence.  We went out to eat and now we're back at the hotel.  We are going to medicate and try to get some sleep before results tomorrow.  We see the doctor at 10:50 central time.  This will be the longest wait in a waiting room yet.  I'm feeling very optimistic and excited but I'm also nervous that we won't get the news that we are expecting.  We are hoping for NED (no evidence of disease) or shrinkage.  Ha!  Every time I say that I think of George on Seinfeld.  I think I'm the only woman in the world praying for shrinkage!  :)  

I will keep you all posted.

Love,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment