Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Golf Charity Event

We have had many ups and downs lately but I can honestly say that Monday, June 18 will forever hold a special place in my heart.  I saw my husband happy, I mean truly happy for the first time in months.  We had a BLAST at the golf charity event at Jones Creek, hosted by Ryan Forester and David Lewis.  It was such a special day.  The day started with free lunch and range balls and a silent auction filled with many great golf memorabilia's and other items.  Augusta native, Vaughn Taylor and Matt Bettencourt, married to Kelly Rush (Augusta girl!), sponsored the event.  Both PGA players sent in items and clubs to auction off.

ONE OF THE BEST MOMENTS OF DUSTY'S LIFE:

Matt Bettencourt gave Dusty a Taylormade Driver that he actually used on tour!  Dusty was invited to do the honorary tee off.  It was so special.  I had chills!  Dusty is just a "for fun golfer" and when he drives the ball it is possible that he will be taking a mulligan!  But, not this day.  Nope, not at all.  He slammed that ball.  It was beautiful.  I know he was soooooo nervous.  He had about 60 people watching him.  It was so great!



Thank you to all who came out and played and supported my family.  Special thanks to Ryan Forester and David Lewis for all of their hard work.

Thank you to Jones Creek for allowing us to take over the afternoon.

Thank you to all of the sponsors.

Thank you to Joel Ferrara for your donation.

Thank you to my favorite guys: Steve, Marcus, and Jason!  You guys are the BEST!

Thank you to Michelle for helping me get some golf items to auction off.

1 comment: