Thursday, February 7, 2013

Today, we won

Finally I can breathe.  We have been on pins and needles, drug around, played chutes and ladders games, all over the place.  Our emotions have run high and low.  First the battles with insurance, then this week's pre-test, we just kept thinking something bad was going to happen.  We have gotten a lot more bad news than good news.  But today, today was a good day.  Today, we won.  Thank you Lord!

Dusty went to the hospital a little before 8:45 am. They had to hook him up to all the vital machines and get him situated to be there for ten hours.  They had to take his blood once an hour and monitor his heart rate and other vitals.  He did great!  The only thing that he didn't like was being woken up every hour.  He likes his sleep!  I sent him some balloons in his room to cheer him up.  He sounded a little down, but I think he was just tired.  The trial drug's only known side effects strong fatigue and swelling of the hands and feet.

He is back at the hotel and is getting ready for bed.  He has to be back at the hospital tomorrow for about five hours.  He said he is starting to feel "crappy".  I hope he feels better in the morning.

The boys and me are doing well.  We are hanging in there.  I've been rotating who gets to sleep with me.  Well, I decided to let them both sleep with me one night.  That won't happen again.  Tonight, it's just me and my Blue Dog and the boys are stairs.  Reynolds has his first Valentine's Day Dance at school tomorrow night.  I know, kindergarten dance??  Reynolds said, "I need to wear long sleeves because the girls will be inside dancing and the boys might want to go outside and workout.  Because that's what we do!"  Ha!  Oh, is that what boys do.  Funny kid!  Harland keeps saying, "I wanna see Daddy."  It breaks my heart.  But, all in all, we are hanging in there.  I'm drinking MUCH more coffee, sleeping less, and look like a wreck, but whatev!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment